GenRight Off Road has developed a 25 gallon gas tank for the JK. Adding less than 2” of additional overhang from their 20 gallon version, they were able to achieve 5 more gallons of fuel storage, making this tank perfect for longer trails or full weekend trips.
This is the New 25 Gallon GenRight Crawler™ Gas Tank to fit a Jeep JK (2007+). The tank assembly is relocated to the rear muffler area and mounts in a way that still works with your factory gas filler. It even reuses your factory fuel pump module to eliminate any potential emissions issues. It is specifically designed to remove the factory tank from under the middle of the vehicle so you can run a true triangulated four-link rear suspension.
Other Features Include:
- Hangs slightly lower than the factory muffler did.
- 25 gallon fuel capacity.
- Creates room for triangulated 4 link suspension systems.
- Mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Re-uses the stock Jeep fuel pump module.
- 1/8″ thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16″ thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Stainless steel hold down strap.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Patent Pending.
- Fully assembled fuel tank in a Heavy Duty skid plate.
- New factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- New tubing to adapt tank to new mounting location.
- New cargo area floor cover
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product requires changes to the exhaust.
- Requires removal of the rear floor tool storage area (the jack remains in the very rear compartment).
- This product does NOT require a body lift.
- If a rear sway bar is desired, installing this tank requires switching to a Currie “AntiRock” type rear sway bar, the stock sway bar must be removed.
- Can be used with factory tow hitch.