Our running story on taking Project LJPFreek from Michigan to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari 2015 — 1500 miles to the biggest Jeep party in the world!
- ’05 LJ with 88k miles
- GR8TOPS Safari Cab hard top
- 4.5″ total lift
- 315/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
- Stock drivetrain
What we’ve added:
- Magnum Powers Supercharger
- WARN Zeon 10-S Platinum winch with synthetic line and fairlead
- MCE Gen III flexible fenders
- OR-FAB front and rear bumpers
- PIAA RF Series 3″ cube LED driving lights on the bumper and windshield frame mounts
- Chromo Rear Axles and new unit bearings in front from ExtremeTerrain.com
- Daystar Cam Can, dash tray, switch panel, switches, D-ring inserts and more
- Chromo Front Axles
- Custom Stickout JPFreek graphics
- GA Mountain Cord full paracord grab handle set
As we head to and take in EJS 2015, we’ll provide updates and info on LJPFreek and look for a full story in our EJS Special Issue, coming out in April!
We’ve officially hit the road! Started out on some dirt, which seemed fitting.
Update 6:59 PM – 3/26
Indiana and a fitting gas stop view. 6th gear with the stock axle gears and 315/75s is now an absolute highway monster! No more downshifting and power on demand. Completely bizarre feeling in this Jeep! Onward!
Update 11:43 AM – 3/27
Rolling across Nebraska after a stop for some sleep west of Des Moines. We’ll see how far we make it today. Loving the supercharger on the Magnum Powers supercharger on the highway!
Update 6:59 AM – 3/29
Arrived in Moab Saturday morning! It’s been a blur since then trying to get the LJ shaken down and ready.
A partial run of Steelbender proved that the Jeep was basically sorted but once on the rocks the transmission mount let us know that it was the original and ready to be replaced.