With the arrival of the holiday season, what better way to kick back and relax than to come up with an easy, tasty version of our own Egg Nog? So, to kick-off the holiday season we introduce Freek Nog and we hope you enjoy this tasty beverage as much as we have.
After a little experimentation and a whole lot of fun (it’s always fun to experiment with adult beverages), we think we’ve found the perfect Egg Nog for the holiday season and have hence dubbed it “Freek Nog.” Here’s how to fix it:
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream
- 1 Pint Milk
- 1 Pint Whiskey (we went with Gentleman Jack though any mid-top shelf Whiskey will do)
- 2 Ounces Rum (we chose Captain Morgan Spiced Rum but again, any mid-top shelf Rum will do)
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Nutmeg
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and place the yolks in a large mixing bowl
- Add sugar to the yolks and beat them by hand or with an electric mixer until the yolks are stiff.
- Mix the egg whites into the yolk mixture and then stir in the heavy cream and milk
- Add whiskey & rum, then stir thoroughly
- Once stirred, place contents of bowl into a pitcher or equivalent container for serving and then place in refrigerator to chill for approximately two hours (you can cut this short if you just can’t wait to dive into it)
- Once chilled, pour into martini glass or equivalent and sprinkle grated nutmeg on top.
We think you’ll find this to be an enjoyable and tasty way to enjoy the holiday season. Give it a shot and tell us what you think. Cheers!
* Published by JPFreek Adventure Magazine – The leader in Jeep and adventure enthusiast publications.